Sunday, July 22, 2012

"The Fear" Lessons learned on the Subway


To say I had “The Fear” of the subway, would be an understatement! I’ve managed to mostly avoid it, but in a city this size, usage is inevitable. So, this my second trip I find myself lost, standing on the platform, looking quite the tourist, wrestling with the map, that I cant read! I glance up to see if I can spot some help, and my only option is 2 home boys, clearly wasted, and when I say home boys, I mean home boys, blinged up to fuck, proper ghetto gospel shit., So I decide Im actually ok for directions, il wing it…

Home boys are eyeballing me to a inch of my life… Oh god, god, I’m gona die, oh Christ on a bike, shit, shit, shit, is all that’s going through my head.
After what seemed like an eternity  ,the train finally arrives, I hop on head down and boom, 2 home boys drop down on either side of me…
Homeboy 1- Yooo internationaalll, where u formmm?
Home boy 2 – slightly singing… Internationallllll
Me – Ummm um Ireland..
Home boy 1 – Ireland, really baby, I love the irish
Home boy 2 – he love the Irish ladies
Me – nervous smile and laugh, thanks
Home boy 1 – well international, me and my home boy we were watching you on the platform you know, and we were just sayinnn that you gots pretty eyes
Home Boy 2 – Preetty Eyeeees
Homeboy 1 – and gurl you got back.
Homeboy 2 – Baccck
Home boy 1 – But baby, you need some sun on your skin, and meat on your bonnesssss
Home Boy2 – again slightly singing, sun on your skinnnnn and meat on ur bones; I said meat on your bonneeees
Me – well, shir what can you do only laugh at that…and a smile appears on my face, so I make idle chit chat and turns out home boys are actually quite nice, not wasted, just colorful characters… 
Lesson learned from this, well 1. the subway is not to be “Feared” and 2. Never judge a book by its cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment